Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Houses 'O' Plenty......kinda

This past Friday was a PA day so Amanda and I were trying to come up with an activity that would keep everyone busy with the extra kids. We decided to try this "craft" I saw in a magazine. Last year at our Family Fun Night, each family had a gingerbread house to put together and then take home. But it was a bit frustrating getting them to stay together. Well the recipe I found, was to make the gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Which I thought is an awesome idea since the kids don't like eating gingerbread anyhow. Well let me tell you, graham crackers don't stay together any better than gingerbread. But we did our best and the kids had fun. In the end every ones house fell apart, so they had flat roofs. However, the kids had fun and they each had a project they did on their own, which is the main thing. No one did tell me how they tasted though! Here are some pictures. It was fun, but really really MESSY! Until we got the hang of putting them together.








No comments: