Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Slave Labour or just plain Fun?!

We all know how kids tend to believe pretty much everything we tell them, which can be to our advantage at times, and this was one of those instances. I am a firm believer in providing activities outside as much as inside to enhance play, imagination and to promote new knowledge and skills. So on one of our hotter days, we went outside to play and I decided to let the kids "paint" the fence. Its simple really, a bucket of water (mine is blue so the contents doesn't look clear) and paint brushes of all different sizes. The kids dip the brushes in the water and "paint" the fence. the water makes the fence change "colour" and the kids think they are actually painting! I had a couple kids worried they would get the "paint" on their clothes ha ha. Its too cute! Of course now they want to do it every day which doesn't make it quite so "special" but its fun all the same.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, this makes me laugh my head off!!! My MIL has ALWAYS given my kids a bucket of water and some old paint brushes, and let them 'paint' the fence!! Even as old as 6 or 7, they still loved to do it!! My youngest loves it, too... I'm SO glad to know that my kids aren't as weird as I though they were!!!