Monday, June 25, 2007

OH CANADA!!

What a fun week this is going to be! We are celebrating CANADA! quite appropriate since Canada is only a few short days away. I try to be a proud Canadian and be patriotic, but I find that Canadians are quite subtle in their pride. What better way to remedy that, then to teach children from a young age, how great it is to live here. So we dedicate a week to just that.
Today we focused on our National Anthem, which I can admit I sometimes find myself forgetting the words to.... tisk tisk on me! The kids are great troupers though! Steven worked hard with them practicing so they could show me what they learnt! And then, one of my favorite Canada Day crafts, hand print flags! We do it every year so I am sure some of the older kids and perhaps even the parents get sick of seeing them, but I think they are worth it! Have a look!

No comments: