Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Strawberries, strawberries and more strawberries! YUM!

Today was such a nice change from yesterday. The kids were much calmer, but very excitted. Not only did we finally get in our new daycare t-shirts and hats;


Which are way too cute BTW. But we also went STRAWBERRY PICKING! This is a trip that many of the kids look forward to every year. We went to a new place this year, Heeman, and although they have a reputation for not liking children coming, we had a good time. Here are some pictures of all the fun!

One thing I absolutely LOVE about the kids and the families I have in my care, is that when a call for help is sent out, there is always someone who answers. Although strawberry picking is so much fun, it is also tricky. You are bent down to pick the berries, and trying to keep all the kids together, not trampling the plants, not eating EVERY berry they find etc. This year we had two parents help out. THANKS SO MUCH K and S!! it makes the trip that much better!


S even stayed at the daycare for a bit to make strawberry jam with the kids. They had a great time!

Here is a group picture of us all. I love getting group pictures, but its always so impossible! This one turned out pretty darn good!


And now that I sit here and think about it, I haven't had a single strawberry all day. Think I will go do that now! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite a day, at least it couldn't get any worse from there, I don't think anyway.
We had a good time strawberry picking, if I would have planned better we could have stayed and help with the jam too, thanks for the jar, it is good!!
Krista